1. How many entries can I submit?
You may submit as many entries as you wish but each must be accompanied by a letter from a senior executive of your media organization outlining the public interest benefits flowing from the entry and, of course the $50 entry fee.
2. Will an entry be accepted if the package is postmarked with the date of the deadline?
3. I have submitted my entry but I want to send in some late incoming supporting material. Is this okay and to whom should it be addressed?
Yes. Additional supporting material can be submitted within two weeks after the deadline with a note explaining why it is late. It should be submitted to the same address as the entry.
4. Can you please send me an entry form for the Fellowship and for the Award?
There are no official entry forms. Please see our brochure or the Fellowship page on this website.
5. I know the deadline was Friday but please - will you take my entry a few days late?
Unfortunately no. Deadlines, as anyone in the media business knows all too well, are deadlines.
6. Is it possible to get a receipt for the registration fee?
Yes. If you wish a receipt please enclose a self-addressed envelope and a note requesting a receipt.
7. My cheque covering the registration fee for 4 items will be mailed separately. Is that okay?
No. The registration fee must accompany each entry.
8. Can I put the supporting package on a disc so it can be viewed electronically or do I submit them in paper form? Do you want 5 packages of the supporting material or will you copy it?
Supporting documents should be in paper form and, yes, five copies of same are required.
9. Does "documentation from independent and disinterested sources" include feedback from viewers or readers?
A limited amount of viewer feedback, again in paper form, will be accepted.
10. Is a PDF of the published story acceptable as proof of publication?